It was several years ago, and I was preparing to do some work in a customer's home. The wall at one end of the dining room was filled with pictures of all kinds. My eyes fell upon one small black and white portrait. I recognized the inch-and-a half high image as that of Jonathan Edwards, not something one sees in many homes nowadays. Thinking that I had found someone of a kindred spirit, I later said to the lady who owned the home, "I noticed the picture of Jonathan Edwards in the dining room." She looked puzzled, and said, "Show me what you are talking about." We walked over to the wall, and I pointed to the picture of Edwards. She stared at it in silence for a few seconds, then she spoke. "I always thought it was George Washington."
Heidelminicast: How Did We Come to Faith? (Part 7)
-
In this episode, Dr. Clark discusses how we come to faith through grace
alone and how that grace is God’s divine favor. Continue reading →
5 hours ago




4 comments:
Funny!
Based on their paintings, I sometimes think that John Calvin and John Knox were identical twins separated at birth.
(The captcha is "underme". Does blogger read C.S. Lewis?)
The fact that Calvin and Knox wore the same style of hat doesn't help, either. One or the other should be portrayed wearing a cowboy hat, or maybe an astronaut's helmet.
Craig B
Too funny!
That cracked me up
Post a Comment