Friday, March 30, 2012

Re-post: A personal favorite from 2 years ago

.
"I Never Knew Jesus Was So Wonderful"



As a student pastor, Dr. McGee's first church was located on a red clay hill in Midway Georgia. It was there that he received his greatest compliment: "It was from a country boy wearing high buttoned, yellow shoes. After a morning service he came to speak to me. He groped for words, then blurted out, 'I never knew Jesus was so wonderful!' He started to say more but choked up and hurried out of the church. As I watched him stride across the field, I prayed, 'Oh, God, help me to always preach so that it can be said, I never knew Jesus was so wonderful.'"

From Dr. J. Vernon McGee's bio at Thru the Bible's web site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus is indeed wonderful, that must have been a great encouragement to hear those words!

stranger.strange.land said...

I still enjoy listening to Dr. McGee's T.T.B. programs. My favorites are from The Gospel of John and Song of Solomon. He truly did have a way of relating to his hearers how wonderful Jesus is.