Saturday, March 17, 2012

ISN'T THERE ANYONE WHO KNOWS WHAT SAINT PATRICK'S DAY IS ALL ABOUT ?!

.                                                                                                       .
"Sure, Charlie Brown. I can tell you what St. Patrick's Day is all about. _ Lights please."

"Before his passion, Jesus prayed to his Father concerning his disciples, "As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world." And, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word.'

"To his disciples Jesus showed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, ...and said that they shall ...be witnesses unto him ... unto the uttermost part of the earth."


"Now, about four centuries later, in Britain, a young man, by the name of Patrick, was kidnapped, and sold into slavery in northern Ireland. Patrick later wrote of his conversion as taking place during this time. 'The Lord opened to me the sense of my unbelief that I might remember my sins and that I might return with my whole heart to the Lord my God'  _ In six years time, he escaped his captivity, and returned home.

"Some time later, a night vision called Patrick back to Ireland, where he traveled, and preached the gospel of Christ for the next thirty years. This is how God, through Saint Patrick, established His church in this uttermost part of the world."


"That's what Saint Patrick's Day is all about, Charlie Brown."

No comments: