Monday, June 27, 2011

Praying the Scriptures

________________________________________

Plead with God the Merit and Righteousness of Jesus Christ


The merit and righteousness of my Lord Jesus Christ, which I rely upon as my main plea in my petition for the pardon of sin.


I know that as You are gracious and merciful, so You are the righteous God who loves righteousness, (Psalm 11:7) and will by no means leave the guilty unpunished. (Exodus 34:7) I cannot say, “Have patience with me and I will repay You everything,” (Matthew 18:26)  for I have become like one who is unclean, and all my righteous deeds are like a filthy garment. (Isaiah 64:6)  But Jesus Christ has become to me righteousness from God; (1 Corinthians 1:30) being made sin on my behalf, though He knew no sin, so that I might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

I have sinned, but I have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, who is the propitiation for my sins; and not for mine only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:1-2)

God is the one who justifies, who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is even now at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for me, (Romans 8:33-34) and whose blood speaks better than the blood of Abel. (Hebrews 12:24)

I desire to count everything as loss for the sake of Christ, and as rubbish, so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having any righteousness of my own, but that which is through faith in Christ. (Philippians 3:7-9)

This is the name by which I, with Your people, will call Him: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. (Jeremiah 23:6)  In Him, Lord, I do believe; help my unbelief. (Mark 9:24)
Remember, O LORD, on David’s behalf, all His affliction; (Psalm 132:1) the Son of David, remember all His offerings and accept His burnt offerings; (Psalm 20:3) and do not turn away the face of Your Anointed, (2 Chronicles 6:42) who by His own blood has entered into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for me. (Hebrews 9:24)

Have not You Yourself displayed Your Son, Christ Jesus, as a propitiation in His blood through faith, for the demonstration of Your righteousness at the present time, so that You would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus? (Romans 3:25-26)  And I now receive the reconciliation. (Romans 5:11).
_____________________________________
This prayer is from the daily email sent from Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. I have selected the New American Standard Bible scripture text, and have chosen to have the prayer written in first person. To subscribe to this daily email click here.                                                            

No comments: