Monday, March 21, 2011

Wish you could have lived back in the day when...?

Do you have a favorite era in history in which you wish you had lived, rather than the present time? A momentous day when great events were taking place and you were there to see it with your own eyes? Sometimes, in a flight of fancy, I think how great it would have been to be alive at the time of the First Century Church, or during the Reformation. How exciting would it have been to live in New England during the Great Awakening and hear the preaching of George Whitefield.

But there is one factor that causes me to come to my senses and be thankful that I live in the time and place in which Providence has placed me:

THE STATE OF THE ART OF DENTISTRY, then & now.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one! I absolutely despise going to the dentist although I agree it would have been interesting to be making history by embracing Reformation theology!

Persis said...

Ha! Having had a tooth extracted recently, I am very thankful for Novocain and electric drills.

I would have loved to hear some of the great preachers of the past in person, like Spurgeon.

WhiteStone said...

A very hearty Amen!

Joel Garner said...

Heh, true...