Friday, October 30, 2009

The Ultimate Purpose For Our Existence

What is the chief and highest end of man?

Man's chief and highest end is to glorify God, and fully to enjoy Him forever.
__Westminster Larger Catechism, Question and Answer 1

Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.
But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.
(Psalms 73:24-28)

For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen (Romans 11:36)

No comments: